Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Modeling a vase in Daz Hexagon 2.5 - Part IV

Well, in part 3 I put a quick example on how to paint the sculptie. But, there is a problem here.
I tried many times to correct the problem, and nothing worked, even the tip to rotate the texture 90ยบ, as I received from a member of Daz group in SL.

So, how to correct it?

Using another way. And this another is that I don't want to use, but, it is the only way that I know now.

This way is: upload the sculptie to SL, create it, and in texture put a special image for mapping, like this:


So, sculpties will have textures like this:


Then I get printscreens of the most views possible from the vase, to have an reference:


In the paint program, start the work. I use Photoshop for that, but any software that can handle layers can be used. I create a new document, with size of 512x512, a good size for texture. Open, copy and paste the texture I use for mapping. The I created a new layer, to paint on it.


Using the views of sculptie as reference, I start to paint the texture in the painting layer. If I think that I need more layers, I add them. In the finished file, I have the mapping layer, and the layers for color and details of the vase.

Then I save it as JPG file, upload and apply the new texture of the vase, and the result is:

In the left, the vase with new texture, and at right the vase with mapping texture.

Perfect, no?

Yes, it gives some more work to get ready, but works at all.

And, my finished vase, that I use to give to people the example files and objects:


It's so cute!!

Note: I updated the file in my website, with the mapping and the Photoshop files for the texture of the vase. If you downloaded the file before this part of tutorial, download it again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh yes! thanks much... I started going down this road too! ~reads how you did it with great interest~ thanks so much for taking the time to put this together.. =)